Life gets confusing sometimes, actually, a lot of the time. If I’m being realistic, it’s confusing for me most of the time. Rollercoasters of emotions come throughout the day whether they are welcome or not. Yesterday morning during devotions I was writing down a prayer which consisted mainly of the words help, healing, freedom, and cleansing when the wind blew my bible to Isaiah 33 where I looked down to see the words “Distress and Help”. I absolutely love how my Creator works in such subtle ways which result in immense impact. Verses 2, 5, 6, 15, 16, and 22 stood out.
2. O Lord be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.
Often all I can say is Jesus help. Too many thoughts are flying through my head to spit them out, and a complete feeling of overwhelm comes over me and all I can say is His name and ask for His help. To know my God is my strength every morning and my salvation in times of distress when I am at my rock bottom brings nothing but peace and joy.
5. The Lord is exalted for he dwells on high; he will fill Zion with justice and righteousness.
This world has put positive labels on many personal attributes and lifestyles; however, daily making the choice to seek justice and serve only the Creator who brings strength and salvation can conflict with what the world admires. To be His servant makes it all worth it.
6. He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the Lord is the key to this treasure.
Who is my foundation? Recently I was told intimacy is dependency. Who do I depend on? Whether it is myself, others, or things I will not receive this beautifully pure salvation, wisdom, or knowledge except through my Heavenly Father.
15. He who walks righteously and speaks what is right, who rejects gain from extortion and keeps his hands from accepting bribes, who stops his ears against plots of murder and shuts his eyes against contemplating evil-16. This is the man who will dwell on the heights, whose refuge will be the mountain fortress.
If I’m planning and preparing for my life on this earth there is a lot the world has to offer. There’s a lot of fun I could have. It will of course still lead to death, and in the end I will still be empty. Nevertheless, if I decided the century or less I’m going to spend on the earth is the only thing I care about then why not?…..
22. For the Lord is our judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the Lord is our king; it is he who will save us.
……My salvation, wisdom, knowledge, strength, healing, and freedom come from the Heavenly Father. The choices I make for the next 80(ish who knows) years are not ones preparing me for the rat race that eventually ends in death, but the last breathe that starts my forever.
“Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this way prosperity will come to you. Accept instruction from his mouth and lay up his words in your heart. If you return to the Almighty, you will be restored: If you remove wickedness far from your tent.”
It’s a choice. It’s my choice. It’s your choice. Your decades on earth, or the hundreds of thousands of years after. What are we planning for? I’m thankful for His help and healing, not so I can plan for life here, but so I can experience His love as prepare for my eternity.